You are here
Corporate Governance Counsel
USD1 - USD1,000,000,000
- *Corporate Governance Counsel
- *Top tier international investment bank
About Our Client
Top-tier, international investment bank
- Working with one other attorney, have primary responsibility for relevant work streams for the bank's business group's transnational and various corporate governance matters.
- Have primary responsibility on matters such as restructurings, acquisitions, mergers, declaration of dividends, capitalization's, equity award plans, intra-group service agreements and development of processes and policies.
- Oversee the formation, dissolution, corporate maintenance and administration for entities in the United States, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Canada and the Cayman Islands. Liaise with external service providers to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Play a key role in a team of five (two attorneys, two paralegals and a team assistant). Have direct oversight of work product of paralegals and assistant on matters including director/officer changes, ad hoc resolutions, organizing annual meetings, effecting corporate qualifications and registrations.
- Develop and update regional policies related to corporate governance, directors/officers, document execution and incorporating/acquiring entities as required.
- Organize management briefings, new director/officer inductions and regionally-based director and officer informational sessions.
- Organize, arrange, and attend minute meetings of the Board of Directors and relevant committees within the region.
- Liaise with colleagues in international offices.
- Oversee work of and maintain relations with external service providers, including legal counsel
The Successful Applicant
- J.D. degree required.
- Prior experience with corporate governance, entity administration/compliance and corporate transnational work.
- In-house experience, especially with a financial services organization.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus benefits