You are here
Cost Accountant - Manufacturing
Experience with cost accounting. Preferably in a manufacturing environement
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
About Our Client
The company is located in Warwick Rhode Island. It is a publicly traded company and is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies.
- Oversee the monthly closing process.
- Monthly financial package (operating results, inventory analysis, production activity and headcount)
- Capital analysis, cost improvement project analysis, product cost analysis and other analyses as required.
- Assist in the development of a Plant LBE.
- Analysis of material and labor standards, direct labor spending and labor utilization, overhead application analysis, capital budgeting requirements, cost improvement goals, new product cost analysis.
- Develop operating procedures/systems to improve financial and management reporting as required.
- Ensure that all accounting activities follow generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensure compliance.
- Assist plant staff to achieve plant goals as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Special projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- Cost Accountant - Manufacturing: Minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong software skills including Excel and database applications
- Excellent organizational skills and leadership abilities
- Familiarity with budget development
- Experience with developing variance forecasts
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Ability to lead projects from conception.
- Willingness to relocate within the company in the future
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of time
- CPA/CMA preferred.
- Minimum one year of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment preferred.
What's on Offer
- A Competitive Base Salary
- Offering Competitive Benefits (Dental, Medical, 401k, etc.)
- Environment that promotes internal growth
- Team oriented environment that promotes collaboration