You are here
- Report directly to the CFO of an expanding International Manufacturing Company
- 3 - 7 Years of Experience in Cost Accounting
About Our Client
The Cost Accountant - Manufacturing will work for an Industrial Manufacturer of hand held technology equipment located in Boston, MA. It is a rapidly growing company that is expanding their accounting and finance team.
- Manage all aspects of month-end close relating to cost of goods sold and inventory.
- Maintain the overall integrity of inventory and associated reserves.
- Support Manufacturing and Purchasing with in-depth variance analysis on a weekly basis.
- Forecast and monitor utilization, efficiency and labor & overhead applied.
- Calculate annual labor and overhead rates (explain fluctuations/ variances).
- Responsible for managing the inventory.
- Review cost of goods sold and inventory balance fluctuations from forecast and budget and present to Finance Management team.
- Assist and coordinate cost updates/ costing of new products.
- Support decisions on make versus buy decisions and utilization of contract manufacturers.
- Assist internal and external audits.
- Drive financial analysis and support related to the preparation of general ledger entries, budgeting of costs and variances, ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
- Assist with project level tracking.
- Accounting and budgeting for internal and funded R&D efforts.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree
- 3 to 7 years of progressively responsible cost accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Cost Accounting knowledge and good communication skills required.
- Government contracting experience is a plus
- Expert in Excel
- ERP system experience (e.g. Oracle, SAP, etc.; NetSuite preferred)
- Personable and friendly
What's on Offer
The Cost Accountant - Manufacturing will enjoy the following:
- Competitive Benefit Program
- Company Perks
- Easy commute to the heart of Boston
- Work for a rapidly growing company
- Work with a dynamic and interactive group of people