You are here
- Opportuntity to join a growing finance function within a large manufacturer
- Significant chance for career development and growth
About Our Client
Michael page have partnered with a large industrial manufacturer based in Houston who are currently searching for a cost accountant to join their growing finance function. This is a fantastic opportunity for a high experienced cost accountant to assist and manage over the general ledger, AP and AR and development of financial reports and statements
The successful Cost Accountant will manage over the firms General Ledger, AP and AR functions under minimal supervision. Directly reporting into the Accounting Manager your daily roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited:
- Analysis of manufacturing costs and collaborated with internal stakeholders to drive business profitability.
- Maintain cost accounting systems and inventory evaluation for Production Equipment arm of the business.
- Act as primary finance support for the VP of Production Equipment and Production Equipment manufacturing plants
- coordinate monthly, quarterly and yearly close with accounting groups
- Monitor monthly close functions with controller to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies and reconciliation methods.
The Successful Applicant
The future Cost Accountant will be a highly experience accountant from industrial and manufacturing backgrounds. Alongside this your must posses:
- Degree in Accounting and / or Finance
- 5 + years of accounting experience
- CPA / CMA Advantageous but not essential.
- Significant work experience within Industrial and manufacturing industries
- GAAP and SOX compliance experience
What's on Offer
In return my client are offering a fantastic benefits package that includes a competitive salary and year end bonus and 401k.