You are here
Opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial and autonomous work environment
Make direct impact on organization in this highly visible role
About Our Client
Our client is a well establish Consumer Products Group with well-known and recognized products. They are a Private Equity portfolio company that is growing rapidly. The operations and HQ are located in North Suburban Waukegan. They have a great work life balance and family focused atmosphere.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Reconciles finished goods inventories
The Successful Applicant
The right Cost Accountant will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-6 solid years of experience
- Manufacturing Environment preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate - Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience working with personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
What's on Offer
The position offers a competitive base salary of $55,000 - $65,000 + 10-15% Bonus. This company is going places!