You are here
Great chance to join a well-established beauty company!
An opportunity to advance in your career.
About Our Client
My client is a growing, fast-paced company that is dedicated to the transformation of iconic global beauty brands.
The ideal candidate for this Cost Accountant position will be able to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by brand by customer type.
- Coordinate maintenance and development such as production, purchasing, import/export, accounts payable, accounts receivable, import/export IT, and other items.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls.
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile cost and budget, liability accounts by customer type by division.
- Review and analyze cost and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability.
- Work in special projects as required.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity gross margin schedules to management.
- Perform other assigned projects and functions as directed by management.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate for this Cost Accountant position will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years' experience with increasing responsibility within the accounting field required, preferably with a manufacturing background.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Experience at publicly held companies a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Outlook; proficiency in Excel is absolutely necessary.
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize workload within a fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Motivated, self-starter, organized, and effective communicator.
What's on Offer
$60,000 to $70,000 annually; D.O.E.