You are here
Large Well-Regarded General Contractor
Exposure to Large and Complex Projects
About Our Client
Large General Contractor.
- Support Project Team migration to greater use of BIM/VDC tools.
- Mastery of Sage Timberline Estimating Software.
- A key contributor providing timely and accurate work.
- Expertise in quantity surveying and pricing work in both conceptual and detailed design phases.
- Strong subcontractor relations and knowledge of our procurement processes.
- Knowledge of construction pricing.
- Able to develop estimates for Civil, Structural, Interior Construction and Exterior Envelope elements at concept and detailed levels of design. If Mechanical or Electrical (MEP) discipline, same.
- Developing skills as a technical writer capable of annotating assumptions and clarification narratives to support the estimate work.
- Good knowledge of the subcontractor market(s). Able to attract subcontractor interest in our work and to explain our prequalification process to subcontractors.
- Good working knowledge of our subcontractor purchasing process including bid package development, scope of work narratives, and completion of post-bid analysis interviews and comparisons.
- Developing thru participation in Skanska training an understanding of our scheduling processes and procedures. Can accurately forecast the schedule durations for discipline expertise areas.
- Can propose Value Management Options in the discipline expertise areas.
- Ability to track and manage Value Management Options using the company PCE Process.
- Can confidently present work internally and externally in various formats and situations.
- Can manage a small team of Preconstruction Engineers / Associates towards the successful completion of tasks.
- Able to review the work of Engineers and Associates for accuracy and completeness.
- Developing an understanding of the Companies Risk Management Procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture, or similar specialization.
- Broad understanding of industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Functions effectively as part of a team; Collaborative.
- Keep project team informed on job progress.
- Strong math/analytical skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to make effective decisions.
- Must be dependable.
- Customer oriented.
- Perseveres through challenges.
- Able to prioritize workload and assignments.
- Seek training opportunities.
- Builds confident relationships with peers / coworkers.
- Can learn by watching others.
- Considerate of Co-Workers.
- Works effectively in a diverse workforce.
- Flexible interpersonal skills to work with all coworkers and external stakeholders.
- Must have a good attitude and be approachable.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Must have high level of integrity and be trustworthy.
- Good time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
What's on Offer
Competitive base + benefits.