You are here
Counsel, Product Regulatory/Marketing
Major brand seeks Counsel specialized in marketing, advertising & regulatory law
Excellent company culture, benefits and working environment
About Our Client
Global FMCG brand.
The Counsel will work closely with senior members of the legal team in supporting a specific business unit with an exciting product.
Main responsibilities of the Counsel will include:
- Reviewing marketing and sales programs and materials, including both traditional and digital advertising/programs
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts with agencies, sponsorships, promotional partners, consultants and vendors;
- Reviewing product labels and packaging for compliance with FTC and FDA labeling regulations.
- Maintain Solicitor Permits and other sales licenses
- Manage distributor network process for all territory changes, new brand appointments, terminations, etc.
- Providing advice regarding mergers, acquisitions and transfers of distribution rights.
- Serving as the point person for all regulatory compliance requests.
- Providing training for sales and marketing personnel on regulations and legal matters impacting the business
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US law school
- Admitted to NY State Bar
- 2-5 years of experience, either in house with a major corporation or with a top law firm
- Must have experience with marketing, advertising and regulatory law
- Must have excellent commercial contract drafting and negotiating skills
- FMCG and Alcohol law experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus and benefits. Great working environment.