You are here
Customer Service Manager
Oversee the customer experience of thousands of probiotic shoppers
Excellent benefits, salary, and leadership opportunity within a successful team
About Our Client
Our client has been in the probiotic industry for over three decades. The family company researches, develops, grows, ships and markets several unique probiotics. Through national and international distribution, the company sells dairy and dairy free probiotics for both humans and animals. In the heart of Southern California, our client uses the most effective probiotics at pharmaceautical standards to deliver the most pure products to their customers.
- Learn and evaluate current policies and procedures, creating and implementing changes for improvement in effectiveness and consistency, leading to better quality and more efficient handling of each contact and better customer relationships.
- Track customer complaints, analyze findings and monitor results on a regular basis to find the trouble spots and take necessary action to improve those areas through policy/procedure change, additional training or another plan of action.
- Train new employees according to the established training schedule, tracking progress and testing product knowledge within prescribed timeframe to ensure the proper handling of customer service duties as assigned.
- Investigate and resolve customer's long-standing issues, complex problems and major incidents that can't be resolved by associates, and once resolved, take curative measures to ensure the issue doesn't happen again.
- Be professional in all communications with customers via email, letter, chat room and telephone.
- Provide advice (within legal boundaries) and help to customers who use our products or services.
- Supervise customer service associates, ensuring up-to-date product knowledge, customer service skills, knowledge of policies and procedures and keeping them informed of all new updates, procedures and products. Ensure that everyone on staff delivers excellent customer service at all times.
- Maintain and process all non-direct customer orders including autoships.
- Based on a customer's issue and company guidelines, determine if compensation or a refund should be issued to a customer, maintain detailed, accurate and timely records of correspondence/discussions with the customer leading to this determination.
- Develop and implement customer service standards, policies and procedures.
- Know and understand developments and changes in the customer service field by reading pertinent journals, attending meetings and courses.
- Generate a reporting schedule.
- Compile reports on customer issues, resolutions and satisfaction, analyze data and report to upper management making suggestions on changes to improve performance, generating better sales through better strategies and service to our customers.
- Perform other-related duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related area, and/or at least 7 years of experience in the field.
- Strong experience in the following computer software: Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The Successful Applicant
- Professionalism, patience, tact, diplomacy and excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex problems
- Supervise, train, motivate, monitor and assist associates in the performance of all customer service functions, working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to think outside of the box and come up with creative ideas to improve customer service performance.
- Ability to analyze data and to take corrective action as needed.
- Always be polite, tactful and professional to both external and internal customers (co-workers).
- Listen to the customer so that you can accurately understand and evaluate his/her issue.
- Know all options for problem resolutions.
- Understand the boundaries of your own authority and what needs to be determined by upper management.
- Be honest and patient with the customer, even if you're not able to tell him/her what she/he wants to hear.
- If a problem cannot be resolved immediately, tell the customer what you will do, and provide a target date for resolution of the issue.
- Make sure that you stay in touch with the client throughout the resolution process - give him/her updates so that s/he knows you haven't forgotten about him/her.
- Track complaints by type, frequency, location, and whatever other information will help to prevent these issues from happening again.
- Have a complete understanding of the company's products, policies and procedures.
What's on Offer
Excellent benefits, base salary, 401K, opportunity to grow with a 35 year-old family business in the heart of Southern California.