You are here
Cyber / Information Security Director (Deputy CISO)
Cyber / Information Security Director
About Our Client
The client is a leading private equity firm with wide range portfolio of clients.
The Cyber / Information Security Director is in charge of overseeing IT security measures throughout the organization. This is a senior-level position and you will have strategic oversight of every aspect of security - from staffing and budgets to protocols and incident response. Please note, it's a small to mid-side firm, so you will have limited resource and as such will need to be fairly hands on i.e need to have technical or operational experience.
On any given day, you may be expected to:
- Manage IT security programs and supervise security departments
- Prioritize and allocate security resources correctly and efficiently
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies and procedures
- Integrate IT systems development with security policies and information protection strategies
- Monitor security vulnerabilities, threats and events in network and host systems
- Develop strategies to handle security incidents and coordinate investigative activities
- Act as a focal point for IT security investigations and direct a full investigation with recommended courses of action
- Prepare financial forecasts for security operations and proper maintenance cover for security assets
- Participate in strategic planning for the deployment of information security technologies and program enhancements
- Ensure security policies, procedures and protocols are being executed by the appropriate technical teams
- Provide leadership, training opportunities and guidance to personnel
- Design and implement education programs focused on user awareness and security compliance
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology or Information Security, Computer Science, Intelligence analysis, Cyber Security or another related field of study
- Overall 10+ year of professional experience with 7+ years in Cyber Security
- Experience in and knowledge of the NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF)
- Experience in and knowledge of industry standards (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, CobiT, ITIL).
- Advanced skills and established experience in IT security and risk management (understanding risk assessment, legal and regulatory requirements, threats, vulnerabilities, security policies etc.).
- Deep understanding of infrastructure components, including infrastructure security components (e.g. Network security, Firewalls, IDS, IPS etc.).
- Deep understanding of security architecture standard methodologies.
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight. Motivated and willing to learn.
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
- Effective communication skills
- Awareness of Cloud Security Solutions
What's on Offer
Excellent base salary + bonus