You are here
Design/Build Project Manager
Growing Design/Build Firm
Ability to Grow Your Career to the Next Level!
About Our Client
My client is changing the way people live and work by developing, designing, and constructing high-quality, state-of-the-art buildings, delivered on client's visions, and they can only do this with great people. Their culture and work environment allow their talent associates to grow and thrive. They are fast paced and focused on challenging work assignments, professional developments and mentoring to ensure that their team members continue to grow and learn.
Business Development and Sales
- Plan and execute development projects
- Procure, plan and execute development opportunities for 3rd parties such as corporate and higher education clients
- Promote and market construction services and products.
- Develop proposals for construction projects according to customer specifications.
- Follow up on proposals to close sale and secure client decision on project.
- Manage the development of specifications to meet client requirements for budget, schedule and quality.
- Manage the development of complete and accurate proposal and working drawings for projects.
Project Construction and Close-out
- Manage construction operations and ensure success of each project.
- Review margin projections, schedule, and quality assurance for assigned projects and prepare regular reports on project progress.
- Manage company-wide commitments on net lease projects.
- Maintain good customer and outside vendor relationships throughout project duration and beyond to enhance prospect of future projects.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related area
- Must have a minimum of seven year's design-build construction-project management experience, preferably with majority of time spent on large scale multi-unit residential or industrial buildings and requiring knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost allocation procedures
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and customer relations skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
What's on Offer
Team members receive a comprehensive suite of benefits. Not only are they building significant, truly integrated design-build projects, but their teams also contribute to the community and support the environment with our sustainability initiatives. They also realize that you have a life outside of work - balance is important. They work hard but also have fun!
Working out of our Rosemont, IL office, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing contract negotiations, and design and construction of complex industrial and multi-family projects, with the goal of completing quality projects on time and on budget.