You are here
Development Administrative Assistant
Looking for Jr. Admins to assist Development Team
Looking for Jr. Admins with research experience
About Our Client
Dubbed by the Wall Street Journal as New York's first "mega-shul," our client is one of the largest Jewish congregations in North America and the oldest synagogue in New York City in continuous use.
Every Friday evening, more than 500 people join us for Shabbat worship in our breathtaking Main Sanctuary (a National Landmark) and more than 100 virtual visitors join via live streaming.
Our Religious School and Early Childhood Center play an integral role in the Jewish learning of more than 800 of our children.
- Identifies and converts prospective members; work with management to provide effective recruiting and business development strategies
- Plans and implements strategies to meet membership goals and create and implements promotional/execution plans that target specific market segments or industry sectors, as assigned.
- Supports development events and programming with content/speaker insights from members, and ensures offerings serve relevant member interests
- Promotes and sells existing membership services and sponsorship opportunities
- Researches prospects and current members and assembles preparation materials for own and other management staff meetings
- Tracks membership bench-marking and statistical data for own portfolio
- Attends and networks at forums, breakfast meetings, evening events, and similar external functions or events for prospecting purposes
- Administers Member Perks program
The Successful Applicant
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including pleasant phone manner and the ability to draft communications and to edit others' writing
* Top-notch organizational skills with a keen eye for details, neatness, accuracy and thoroughness in all work products
* Exceptional ability to multi-task, prioritize, learn quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
* Very strong proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel and with the internet and internet research
* Suitability for and interest in working both independently and as part of a team including strong interpersonal skills, congeniality, collegiality, and an ability to collaborate
* A strong work ethic which includes positivity, flexibility, enthusiasm and initiative
* An interest in special events and/or development (fundraising)
* Administrative office experience and a college degree
* A professional demeanor
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience with a Jewish or Israel-related field
* Proficiency with FileMaker or other database software
* Proficiency with PowerPoint and PDF software
* Experience with Excel formulas, working with multiples sheets, and conditional formatting
* An eye and aptitude for design and aesthetics
* Hebrew proficiency
What's on Offer
Benefits include a competitive salary, paid vacation, sick leave, all Jewish holidays, medical, vision, dental, retirement plans, and a great work environment.