You are here
Excellent growth opportunity with Houston Developer
Exposure to CEO/President
About Our Client
Houston based real estate developer.
Newly created position working directly with the Principals at this Houston based developer. The Development Director/VP will work with the operations and acquisition team members in the underwriting and investment plan for new development projects primarily in the industrial and mixed use space. The Development Director/VP will own full development life-cycle from project identification through due diligence to construction and handover. Some highlighted responsibilities include:
- Manage the bidding, negotiation and construction contract process.
- Lead site entitlement process, work with state/local agencies to secure proper permits etc.
- Monitor general contractor and vendor performance during construction phase Facilitate and support Asset Management and Operations.
- Assist with performance tracking and reporting to clients.
- Preparing reports about the degree of risk
- Oversee scheduling of work at project sites.
- Communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the projects.
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders accurately and on time.
- Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend approval or decline potential projects
- Perform real estate market research and facilitate decision support for new ventures.
The Successful Applicant
This role is designed for someone 8-12 years into their real estate career. Candidates MUST have a completed Bachelors, advanced degree a plus. Other qualities:
- Experience in commercial real estate development, underwriting, or investment/asset management.
- Strong financial modeling experience in Excel.
- Knowledge of Texas real estate markets - Houston market preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial, mixed-use, retail and hospitality development and investment strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational skills. Able to analyze, evaluate and move quickly to support rapid decision making
- Established network of brokers and equity partners to facilitate the development process.
What's on Offer
Strong basic salary plus bonus