You are here
Development Manager - Houston
Growing Real Estate Developer expanding into Houston Retail market
Tasked with sourcing and closing development deals
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned real estate development firm whose main objective is simple: generating consistent returns on investments for clients. With multiple investment programs ranging from core to opportunistic, each program gives the opportunity for growth in various points of the real estate cycle allowing investors to reach their maximum investment potential. The firm has a blend of projects but has a strong pipeline in the retail sector in the greater Houston market.
Newly created Real Estate Development Lead/Senior will perform detailed financial analysis and modeling for development opportunities across diverse portfolio of retail asset projects. The Real Estate Development Lead/Senior will perform property level strategic planning, quarterly and annual budgeting and reforecasts, and provide oversight of third-party operating partners and leasing teams. The incumbent will act as the "lead" for the Houston region of the business. Other responsibilities:
- Maintain and run financial models on existing funds, assets and/or acquisitions using Argus, DCF Models or other similar financial tools.
- Create sophisticated analyses for tracking and reviewing returns and performance on retail assets
- Evaluate research data and produce real time valuation
- Prepare and manage permitting process
- Understand and be proficient in forecasting cash distributions and cash requirements for assets
- Update and complete various investor reports, including financial snapshots and qualitative summaries
- Provide support in modeling and analyzing financial data regarding refinancing, acquisitions and/or disposition of investments
- Communicate with people inside and outside the organization (Asset Management, Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting, Operating Partners, etc.)
- Prepare and present reporting to executives and committees'
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters/MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years of relevant retail real estate development experience
- Excellent analytical skills and Excel modeling capabilities; exposure to ARGUS a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications
- Understanding of private equity, investment risk and real estate investments.
What's on Offer
Strong salary plus bonus and equity