You are here
Director of Architecture and Engineering
Wireless Infastructure Engineering Services
About Our Client
This team will produce architectural designs and documents to support both customer's directly and the Engineering and Operations group. The Director will develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients both internal and external, integrating the company culture and approach into project delivery.
- Establishes and maintains good relations with clients, partners and local authorities aimed at safeguarding and promoting client interests
- Responsible for profit/loss of the region and development of the annual operating budget
- Engages in client marketing including periodic travel to client offices and industry conferences
- Assists executive management in identifying potential work opportunities and marketing of services.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures (including completion of documentation) are followed.
- Provides executive management with timely performance reporting and departmental updates.
- Seeks appropriate approval and/or guidance for decisions impacting departmental budget and company level risks.
- Manages, directs and coordinates job site and office activity with responsibility for delivering the project to the client in compliance with both company and client requirements.
- Creates and maintains positive client experience. Responsible for client contacts and growth within function.
- Manages staff, resources, budgets, and project schedules to ensure each project is completed in the most economical and feasible method possible.
- Provides adequate expertise on a job specific basis to ensure effective supervision, monitoring and quality control of the work being undertaken.
- Prepares cost proposals for all development projects and forecasts accurate project completion dates.
- Coordinates with other managers to resolve issues arising from disputes or sub-standard performance in regard to intradepartmental work.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to work
- Monitors performance of suppliers and subcontractors to determine compliance with contractual obligations (as defined by our subcontract or purchase order agreements).
- Coordinates and interacts with subcontractors and clients to ensure efficiency and productivity for projects.
- Ensures that client's policies and procedures are consistently implemented across the project, taking effective remedial action where non-compliance is identified.
The Successful Applicant
Formal Education and / or Training:
Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline (civil, structural, electrical, mechanical, and environmental) preferred and eight or more years' experience in wireless telecommunications industry.
Years of Experience:
- Five to seven years of experience in management level role in architectural design and engineering concepts.
- Ten years of experience with client interactions and client marketing.
- Experience in managing all stages of projects and deliverables, with the proven ability to work through the entire process.
- Proficient in vendor management in the following core areas: engineering, wireless communications and construction.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience overseeing a team.
- PE licensed in several states
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, bonus, full benefits, and relocation if necessary