You are here
Director of Business Development
- Top tier consulting firm with a global reach, servicing Fortune 500 and PE firms
- Highly visible director level role reporting to the President
About Our Client
Our client is a top tier management consulting firm that provides Fortune 500 business and private equity first strategic direction on how to drive profitable growth. As one of the innovators of business-to-business growth strategy, our client has executed hundreds of engagements across more than 30 industries around the globe.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for:
- Develop a plan to reach out to previously identified prospective client contacts and use persuasive sales skills to secure meetings.
- Expand the company's salesforce CRM database through prospecting potential new contacts/leads within targeted companies; work with market research to conduct executive research to identify new contacts within the target market.
- Generate new contacts/leads through phone, email, and other channels and follow up to ensure qualified leads and prospects are moving through the sales process; follow up on leads generated by marketing activities.
- Interact and communicate effectively via phone and email with Fortune 1000 senior executives (CEO, Presidents, Chief Commercial Officers, etc.) in order to secure introductory and follow-up business development meetings.
- Leverage the company's thought leadership, experience and case studies to share the value proposition, and develop the correct message that will result in an interest.
- Forge relationships with "cold" accounts, and build and maintain a strong business network and meetings pipeline.
- As a member of the business development team, prepare daily, weekly, and monthly sales status reports and contribute to sales planning and forecasting activities
- On a regular basis, serve as a "second chair" in the in-person meetings.
- During these in-person meetings, assist the company lead with listening, interpreting and understanding of the discussion. Offer feedback.
- Take responsibility for establishing next steps and manage the relationship in concert with the senior lead.
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal Director of Business Development will have:
- A bachelor's Degree is a must, an MBA is a strong plus.
- 5-7 years of experience with face to face selling as well as setting appointments in a business services environment
- Bring a high level of energy to the position and to every aspect of its execution
- Be self-directing and a problem solver
- Demonstrate strong, confident interpersonal and communication capabilities as showcased through an eagerness to learn and participate in a supportive team environment.
- Strong organizational skills, an ability to perform as a team member and be self-motivated and resourceful will be a prerequisite for success.
What's on Offer
- Strong base salary
- Competitive commission structure and incentive program
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield Benefits plan
- 401k, profit sharing plan, PTO