You are here
Director of Compliance and Quality
USD110,000 - USD140,000
Lead All Quality Engineering Activities
10+ Years experience in Electronics Manufacturing / Engineering
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned electrical component manufacturer who is a major supplier to the food service industry.
- Submit and negotiate documentation packages and requirements with UL and ETL/ Intertek Staff Engineers to meet certification requirements for electronic products.
- Determine criterion for supplier quality, qualify them, and assure the quality of incoming parts
- Lead Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Engineering to define and improve a QMS
- Develop QMS procedures, instructions, forms consistent with ISO 9000, ASQE, Lean
- Provide leadership in teamwork, communications, and quick responses to customer.
- Conduct Informal and formal audits to assure that the QMS is followed - walk the floor
- Develop metrics like FPY, RMA Percent Returned Goods, and NPD Time-To-Release
- Interface with UL, ISO and other 3rd party inspectors during their audits and follow-ups
- Directly monitor returned goods for early warnings of a potential problem
- Apply an 8D process to root cause and solve problems, and design preventative actions.
- Implement tools that automate the gathering and reporting of QMS data
- Oversee vendor qualification and certification programs
- Aide engineering in the interpretation of UL or IEC requirements
- Attract, hire, and mentor key talent to build organizational quality capability
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or a related science
- 10 years experience in Electronics manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated success in quality engineering, statistical problem solving, and decision making.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Deep understanding of IEC or UL Regulations and audit-facing experience.
- Strong in failure analysis, test method validation, engineering tolerances, and statistics.
- Expert with tools such as fishbones, Check Sheets, Control Charts, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, pFMEA, dFMEA, reviews of Designs, and reviews of Processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and influence others.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal listening skills
- Excellent knowledge of statistical software, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits available