You are here
Director of Digestive Medical Affairs
Nutrition and Digestion Category
About Our Client
International industry leading organization
The purpose of this role is to support delivery of medical excellence by providing leadership, expert insight & direction to category/ sub-category project teams.
The Role is accountable for project specific Medical Governance ensuring compliance with SOPs and expectations are adhered to. This is an individual contribution role within a NDH/DH Consumer Category providing medical/scientific expert support teams on promotional practices, product information, business development, and new product development. Interacting with internal teams, such as Category Growth-, Regional medical, clinical operations, clinical research leads and Pharma teams, and external groups and people, such as government agencies, Health Care Practitioners, Health Care Organizations and other External Experts, to achieve company objectives.
The role will have accountability for- and oversight of the category/ sub-category project related activities with the complexity of multiple stakeholders, complex governance and business expectations:
- Project specific commercial support - claims support including the creation and approval of Claims Support Summary (CSS) documents and coordinating review / approval of promotional activities
- Development and implementation of scientific engagement activities · Contributor to the category/ sub-category medical team meetings
- Supporting through engagement with external organizations including Health Authorities, Healthcare Organizations, External Experts etc
The Role supports the Category Medical Director in ensuring labelling of Category products with a clear understanding of the benefits and risks of the products and their appropriate use for the benefit of patients and consumers and in accordance with local laws and regulations. These activities will involve building networks with and working closely with stakeholders and peers across different functions within the Category.
The Successful Applicant
- Min. 10 years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry, preferably in a Pharmaceutical/ Consumer Healthcare / FMCH Business with experience in Medical &/or Scientific Affairs.
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record working as part of a Medical Affairs team within larger complex matrix organization.
- Demonstrated business acumen Demonstrated experience representing an Organization with external stakeholders Clinical and / or academic research background preferred.
- Specific Category experience for the aligned Consumer Category E.G. Digestive Health
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, annual bonus, stock options and relocation if necessary