You are here
Director of Engineering (Construction)
USD140,000 - USD160,000
Engineering Leadership in Construction Environment Required
Multi site responsibility
About Our Client
- Direct and manage multiple concurrent engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives
- Responsible for successful startup and commissioning of new buildings and expansions.
- Determines and manages engineering budgets
- Consult or negotiate with clients to finalize engineering project specifications
- Negotiate with third party engineering suppliers in order to obtain the most cost effective contracts
- Present engineering plans, progress, and status updates to project stakeholders
- Review and approve proposed engineering designs, subsequent products and process enhancements or changes
- Perform administrative and oversight functions in approving proposals, expenditures, and policy enforcement
- Periodically provide project updates to the Board of Directors
- Work closely with operations on improving process optimization
- Guide the development of programs/procedures around facilities and equipment maintenance, problem identification and resolution, employee training and development
- Ensure succession planning, employee development, and the hiring process
- Lead capital expenditure planning /forecasting, while taking into account current infrastructure and risk mitigation.
- Achieve high levels of environmental and regulatory compliance
- Develop standards around construction methods, materials, standardization of processes, and equipment
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- Robsut experience in project management and execution of successful significant capital projects
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in business and strategic planning
- Ability to work in a fast, efficient environment with cross-functional teams
- Experience in budgeting, tracking costs, analyzing data, and developing action plans
- Experience managing a multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Experience managing subcontractors.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + bonus + benefits