You are here
- With activities in about 100 countries, it has more than 200,000 employees
- Flagship facility seeking Director Engineering (HIGH VISIBILITY)
About Our Client
Client is a leading global health care company that focuses on medicines and medical devices used to care for critically and chronically ill patients. Their products include intravenous specialty and generic medicines, infusion therapies, blood-transfusion technologies and clinical nutrition.
- Manages full coordination of Engineering, Maintenance, Metrology and Operation Excellence staffs, ensuring effective working relationships and partnerships between the groups.
- Prepares, prioritizes and finalizes the capital budget for the facility based on input from all departments and business needs.
- Directly responsible for budget control of all capital projects. This includes preparation, review and presentation to the ISC along with generation of Appropriation of Funds requests.
- Analyzes production or process problems. Initiates and implements project definitions and plans to effectively resolve and implement solutions.
- Ensures timely and within budget completion of the projects in the Engineering, Maintenance, and OPEX areas of responsibility.
- Assures projects are in compliance with State, Federal and local codes that encompass FDA, EPA, OSHA, and hazardous waste related issues.
- Maintains awareness of current pharmaceutical manufacturing needs, requirements and standards. Initiates programs/projects to achieve state of the art pharmaceutical manufacturing status, continuous improvement of production operations and facility compliance.
- Provides technical support to the facility in terms of aseptic operations, critical utilities, operations cost control, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and resource allocation.
- Manages facility-wide value improvement process by continuous review of the manufacturing and quality control areas in the categories of safety, quality, cost, delivery and program implementation.
- Assures that all systems and equipment in the facility compliant and in top operational condition by maintaining appropriate preventative/predictive maintenance program and calibration program.
- Creates and implements comprehensive training programs for staff to ensure continuous career growth, development and cross training.
- Develops and designs strategic long range manufacturing plans and layouts.
- Plant liaison with corporate engineering ensuring standards and best practices are applied throughout the facility.
The Successful Applicant
- BS/MS in engineering discipline. Professional Engineer (PE) certification preferred.
- Minimum 10-years managerial experience in a sterile products environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and EMEA requirements required.
- Previous experience supervising a Maintenance, Metrology and Engineering Department.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working Knowledge of Critical Utilities, High Speed Equipment and Computerized Systems.
What's on Offer
Client is offering competitive base, bonus, & benefits. READY TO MOVE QUICKLY!!