You are here
Director of Finance- Cosmetics Start-up
Director of Finance for Cosmetics Start-Up
Exciting strategic financial leadership role
About Our Client
Exciting start-up cosmetics company in the heart of Soho!
- Coordinates review of financial results on a monthly basis with operating teams and corporate departments.
- Partner with the Vice President of Finance and Operations for the monthly financial statement presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Lead annual budgeting process and quarterly refresh.
- Provide monthly reports comparing actual results to budgets, prior year, and quarterly refresh.
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing departments to analyze their businesses; this includes both regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) reporting and ad-hoc analysis as necessary.
- Work closely with the operations department to review inventory levels, manage multiple warehouses, and advise on inventory levels and logistics.
- Work with controller on developing long term IT solution for the organization; this includes an omnichannel retail solution (Lightspeed POS and Magento Enterprise e-commerce) integrating with an ERP/accounting system (currently QuickBooks) and all other additional software.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Monitors and forecasts cash projections.
- Partners with the sales department on development of new free standing stores; this includes making recommendations of store locations based on sales data, financial modeling of best and worst case scenarios, and establishing both revenue and cap-ex budgets.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce timely, quality materials and multi-task. Ability to facilitate group meetings.
- Some travel; represent company at various community and business meetings.
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Business Management, preferably in finance. Ideally, this individual will not have a CPA designation.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience, including at least 2 years management experience
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills
What's on Offer
Discount on products, summer fridays, ping pong table in the office, and dogs welcome! Great 401k match plan and full medical coverage with a bright and airy office located in the heart of Soho