You are here
Director of Finance/Controller
- Lifestyle Marketing Agency Seeks Director of Finance/Controller
- Exciting Opportunity with Awesome Firm in NYC
About Our Client
Innovative marketing and management company is creating business opportunities through the world of wine. This company applies the same successful marketing principles and practices used for years in sports, entertainment, music and other lifestyle categories. This proven approach, developing innovative programs and sponsorship opportunities, forms the foundation of our business, and the beginnings of a marketing revolution.
- Manage all aspects of financial reporting, monthly close and external reporting to investors
- Must have experience with Quickbooks and ability to operate as a one person finance department
- Process all accounts payable and filing of invoices as appropriate
- Ownership and responsible for banking relationships and contacts
- Issue sales invoices to customers and reconcile sales figures with wineries
- Manage and review accounts receivable
- Oversee and manage payroll and relationship with third party payroll provider
- Provide required reporting to licensor's and act as a liaison on existing and future licensing rights agreements
- Review and contribute on related contracts and business development
- Coordinate and oversee third party tax accountant for all tax reporting requirements
- Develop and update financial models - detailed financial projections for both internal and external use will be prepared and updated frequently. Individual must be proactive and be able to provide insightful reporting to the CEO as part of the overall management of the business.
- Cash forecasting - candidate will must be able to provide detailed cash forecasts, both long term and short term.
- Position will be the main contact for outside investors
- Create and distribute quarterly investor reporting package
- Respond and work with investors on information requests or questions
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 6+ years of experience in a key finance role
- Undergraduate accounting degree, CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Excellent GAAP and financial reporting skills. Including hands-on bookkeeping experience using Quickbooks
- Must be comfortable taking on full responsibility of the finance function for the Company (no staff in the current role)
- Experienced Quickbooks accountant
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with CEO, investors, vendors and licensors
- Willingness to take ownerships of a vast range of responsibilities and wear multiple hats
- We operate in a start-up environment. We move fast and work can be demanding. We are looking for a team player interested in taking on this role and growing with the Company
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with extensive benefits package and opportunity to grow within the media industry.