You are here
Director of Financial Operations (Plant)
Full Relocation to Northern Michigan
Responsibility for 2 Large Plants + P&L's
About Our Client
Our client is a growing and dynamic CPG company with nationwide distribution. They are private equity backed and looking to develop their brand and sales in 2017. The company have a really solid platform and are well placed to develop their business. To this end this end, the client needs someone to join the team and head up all Plant Operations from a financial perspective. This role will lead all financial performance for the group outside of the core HQ reporting functions. This is an high profile role and needs to be capable of managing large independent plants in Michigan and Oregon.
- Responsible for industrial and purchasing financial reporting
- Work with Plant Controllers to ensure accurate, consistent and timely reporting.
- Improves the utilization of financial information to drive improvements to operations through close collaboration with group VP of Manufacturing, US plant directors, US VP of Purchasing and their teams
- Evaluate on a regular basis the plants capabilities to deliver their yearly performance and costing objectives
- Ensures internal controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively in order to protect factories assets
- Manage and influence IS and Financial System's projects
- Strongly involved in the plants Information Systems development and improvement, acts as key user and challenges proposed solutions. Develops deep understanding of factories ERP.
- Lead the development of cost estimates for new products or productivity projects.
- Works in strong collaboration with Accounting team and Sales and Marketing Business Unit to ensure monthly company reporting and financial objectives achievement.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Plant Controlling ideally in multisite environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of Manufacturing ERP systems
- Excel expert
- Strong industrial culture, ideally in consumer goods industry
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Organized and attention-to-detail
What's on Offer
The client is based in rural Northern Michigan will full relocation, the location will be furnished on request, and is in a VERY good area with excellent school districts.