You are here
Director of Financial Reporting
Energy Commodoties Company located in the Metrowest
Private Equity Owned
About Our Client
Privately-held oil and gas distributing company located in the Metrowest, MA area.
- Responsible for all external financial reporting (balance sheet, income statement and cash flows)
- Creation of annual financial statements complete with footnote disclosures to ensure compliance with (GAAP)
- Monthly, quarterly and annual covenant reporting to the banks.
- Client contact and project director for the internal auditors to ensure all audits are coordinated, work plans are appropriate, the creation of management letter comments to all completed reports, and point person for communication of internal audit findings to management.
- Client contact and project director for external auditors for all routine and non-routine projects and tasks. Responsible for contacting and working with external auditors on all accounting projects and issues that arise.
- Responsible for research and implementing proper accounting standards for all complicated accounting issues that exist and identifying any new accounting issues as new pronouncements are issued.
- Responsible for all special project and identifying the appropriate solutions to those problems, such as purchase accounting and required tax planning
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented person who can help in developing and managing relationships across the firm and with a wide variety of associates, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge.
- CPA or related certification is required
- 4 to 8 years' experience in public accounting with a mix of public and private experience.
- Experience in financial reporting.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Through understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong client relationship skills.
What's on Offer
The Director of Financial Reporting will enjoy a highly competitive base salary, bonus, and a variety of other benefits and perks.
If you are interested in this opportunity, successful applicants should apply immediately below for consideration within 48 hours.