You are here
Director of Grants Management
- Ambitious Grant Manager Needed for Next Career Step
- 200 Million Dollar National Non-Profit
About Our Client
Dynamic $200 million national organization that promotes education.
Expereience with pre and post award**
The grants team oversees all financial matters - accounting, planning and analysis, grants and contracts, and payroll When it comes time for collaboration, team bonding, and organizational events, the Finance team is front and center.
The Accounting and Controls team oversees financial matters (accounting, compliance, external reporting, vendor payments, cash collection, grants and contracts, and payroll). Their goal is to operate seamlessly and be a valued service center for our teammates across the country. The Grants and Contracts sub-team of Accounting and Controls builds budgets for restricted award opportunities, manages reporting and drawdown of restricted awards and leads the annual audit of expenses allocated to federal grants.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years' experience in non-profit accounting, ideally grants management, ideally at Teach For America
- At least 2 years managing others preferred
- BA in Finance or Accounting preferred Skills:
- Understand GAAP, OMB Circulars, agency regulations, SOX best practices applicable to the non-profit sector
- Able to define, obtain and manipulate the necessary data to accomplish a task or solve a given problem
- Able to influence others and manage laterally with both internal departments and external funding agencies in order to get things done
- Able to clearly communicate the principles of grants management with non-accountants
- Facility with Financial Edge, Workday, Salesforce, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
- Able to solve problems creatively and situationally considering the big picture and simultaneously obsessing over details
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with excellent benefits.