You are here
Director, Human Resources - Internet Start Up
USD120,000 - USD130,000
Profitable internet start up in Chelsea seeks hands-on Director, HR
Join a roll-up-your-sleeves an entrepreneurial environment
About Our Client
Profitable internet start up located in the Chelsea area.
- Formulate, recommend, and implement all company-wide HR policies
- Lead and provide management for the HR and Executive Administration teams.
- Identify and adhere to all legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR function; monitor exposure to the company and ensure company compliance.
- Oversee full life cycle recruitment for all positions.
- Lead the development of market competitive compensation plans, which include targeted base and variable rewards for applicable positions meeting fiscal objectives.
- Oversee the design of a full line of employee health and welfare benefits and morale programs for the organization.
- Develop and lead the HR due diligence for potential mergers and acquisitions; assist in the divestiture of unprofitable business units and subsidiaries.
- Assist in workforce realignment initiatives, managing change requirements to reduce annualized company-wide headcount and raising productivity per headcounts.
- Manage the processing of semi-monthly payroll, reporting, and stock plan functions.
- Facilitate successful outcomes of high impact employee relations issues.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline; PHR/SPHR certification and/or Master's degree is desirable but not required.
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in human resources.
- Experience in strategic planning and the successful execution of HR programs.
- Experience supporting staff in New York, California and the UK.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations. Ability to interpret and advise on the application of EEO/AA laws.
- Proficiency using Microsoft tools including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects; ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly and professional demeanor.
- High degree of integrity.
- Expert coaching, counseling and communication (verbal, written and presentation/facilitation) skills.
- Exemplary management and leadership skills - must be both a team player and a coach.
- Solid problem resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain the confidentiality, sensitivity, and security of information.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus potential
- Stock options