You are here
Director of Human Resources
- Leading utility construction firm
- Providing support for over 1,000 employees
About Our Client
Leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America.
Manage the implementation, administration and operation of functional Human Resources services for assigned regions.
- Provide professional level service and results as it pertains to HR core functional knowledge of employee relations, recruitment, performance management, compensation, benefits and training and development.
- Partner with region management on all HR activities and enhance corporate and regional business processes as opportunities are identified.
- Ensure HR is aligned with regional business initiatives.
- Ensure that issues are handled in a consistent legal manner (Federal, State, Local compliant) or through adherence to company policy, insuring limited exposure to the company.
Develop strategies and tactics to address performance problems and opportunities in the organization
Provide consultative services and develop strategic solutions.
- Build alliances with management and establish a valuable consultative role within the organization…operate as a trusted advisor.
- Consult with regional management on appropriate organizational needs including talent strategies, specific staffing needs, management development programs and training initiatives.
- Provide effective coaching, counseling and progressive disciplinary strategies on all employee relations issues, up to and including terminations.
- Identify training needs with regional management; evaluate, plan and resource the appropriate training and development activities using internal and external resources.
- Assist regional management with talent acquisition and talent management programs that meet the needs of the organization and insure effectiveness of overall hiring.
- Counsel regional management on Human Resource policy, practice and procedures.
Specifically manage the West Region "GOLD" program which is focused on growing next level operational and leadership
Serve as an HR team leader/player
- Serve as part of the HR leadership team… across all business units.
- Serve as role model of HR practices within the HR organization.
- Solicit and share best practices within HR community.
- Volunteer on the development and implementation of enterprise wide programs and initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS in related Human Resources degree
- MS preferred
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- 10+ years Generalist experience
- Experience with managing other HR professionals, developing and delivering training
- Construction, heavy industrial or related industry significant plus
What's on Offer
- Base Salary + Bonus structure
- Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Mileage/Flight Travel expense
- 3 weeks PTO (5 sick days)