You are here
Director of IT Procurement
About Our Client
Top rated Financial Services firm
The Procurement Director's primary responsibility will be the evaluation of the current indirect procurement process, providing innovation and insight to the global supply chain/procurement groups. Your internal customer base will include; telecommunication services, enterprise storage, hardware, software, application development, technology consulting, and other IT procurement related teams and initiatives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Support strategic sourcing opportunities through the introduction of a competitive marketplace, demand management, supplier consolidation, and process re-engineering
- Support and manage competitive bid processes, including RFP's, RFI's, RFQ's
- Partner with Technology Leads and Legal team in the negotiation of various types of IT Vendor agreements; including Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs), and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Own the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection and price negotiation
- Prepare and/or assist with the review of reports and analyses of sourcing activities at the group and functional levels
The Successful Applicant
Given the global scope of the position, exposure/working in an international environment is preferred. Management of direct and indirect reports both domestic and foreign would be advantageous. Other specific requirements include;
- Proven work history of IT Sourcing /Procurement and vendor management experience - preferably for large global organizations within the Financial Services or Information Technology verticals
- Relevancy preparing MSAs, SOWs, and SLAs within IT spend areas such as Hardware, Software, and Professional Services.
- Strong analytic and communications skills: the successful candidate must elicit and analyze multiple proposals, create corresponding business cases (including financial reports), and present clear and concise summaries of recommended options
- Interest in understanding the marketplace for IT infrastructure
- Competitive bidding (RFI, RFP, RFQ), vendor selection, and vendor risk assessment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- Bachelors Degree, with preferences for Business, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Advanced degrees in Business preferred
What's on Offer
$140,000 - $160,000 + Bonus + Benefits + 401k