You are here
Director, Labor Relations
USD140,000 - USD150,000
Looking for a Labor Relations change agent
Stragetic role for someone with an industrial/manufacturing background
About Our Client
- Prepare for labor negotiations, contract administration, contract language interpretation, application, and grievance procedures as well as participate in arbitrations, litigations, grievance meetings and hearings. Provide guidance and serve in labor contract negotiations as part of the management negotiations team. Ensure compliance with various State and Federal laws and/or agencies throughout a diverse region; guiding business managers to proactively identify and navigate risks, and create positive employee relations.
- Support the collective bargaining process; develop contract language and assess impact of scenarios for designated area of responsibility. Participate in contract negotiations for all contracts in designated area.
- Provide consistent labor relations information and advice to local management and other HR professionals as required. Develop positive, constructive Union/Non-Union and Management relationships. Assist with Corporate Governance activities as directed. Provide expert advice and guidance in support of business development projects (due diligence; labor/employee relations; inputs on bids; integration, etc.) including Union Awareness requirements (if needed).
- Act as subject matter expert consultant for all labor relations matters in designated area of responsibility focusing on Collective Bargaining Agreement administration, interpretation, application, and negotiation.
- Work with Labor Relations Strategies to support practices, policies and programs that cultivate positive employee relationships in the workforce. Support and develop training programs and other development initiatives which drive and facilitate our success. Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across thebusiness.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred, Masters Degree Desirable.
- 8 - 10 years Labor relations experience with a union workforce and Labor contract negotiations.
- Experience creating collaborative, positive and effective employee relations.
- Experience with arbitrations and mediations. Demonstrated experience in labor contract negotiations.
- Experience with all varieties of HR issues with a tactical, hands-on approach.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits package