You are here
Director of Manufacturing
- A chance to join a growing organization in Greater Boston
- Senior Manufacturing/Lean focused leader with with room for growth
About Our Client
Our client is a global electronics manufacturing company with unique products within the space and a strong pipeline for future growth.
Responsibilities of the Director of Manufacturing include:
- Define and drive standardized work (SOPs) throughout all areas.
- Implement, maintain, and enforce 5S discipline throughout the plant at all times.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of production departments.
- Lead process improvement practices to find areas for cost savings and increased efficiency across product lines.
- Develop methods and procedures for manufacturing and production to meet customer demand and minimize cost impact.
- Ensure physical and workforce resources are adequate to meet the organization's production schedule and efficiency.
- Evaluate production and determine ways to improve efficiency of the production lines while ensuring the achievement of quality standards.
- Lead continuous improvement activity and culture including leading Kaizen events.
- Train, develop, mentor and assist subordinates in all of the departments that fall within the manufacturing or production process.
- Manage inventory, shipping, and scheduling for the facility.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
The Manufacturing Leader should have the following:
- Bachelor's in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Master's or MBA is a plus.
- Leadership and people management skills are essential.
- Must be hands-on and have experience working on manufacturing floor.
- 6+ years in a manufacturing environment. Strong Lean Methodologies, continuous improvement background (Certification is a plus)
- High volume experience a must have.
- Dynamic personality, ability to work closely with direct reports on manufacturing floor.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Proven ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to an ever-changing fast-paced environment.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Potential bonus/profit sharing