You are here
Director of Operations
Exciting Opportunity for an experienced manufacturing leader
Represent a culture that places top priority on developing a compliant team
About Our Client
Our client is one of the leading production companies in the world of hygienic dispensing systems, soaps, tissues, towels, air fresheners, cups, wipes, cutlery and napkins. With a vast range of products to market segments including health care, education, office buildings, manufacturing and food service, the company has nearly 100 years of experience in serving top-tier products to their global customers.
The Director of Operations will lead the team of 120 salaried and hourly non-union employees in environmental and safety standards and create a culture of compliance, safety and entrepreneurship. Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to contribute at the highest level are a must.
- Provide strategic leadership and coaching to employees through a shared vision for the operation.
- Develop knowledge systems and measurements that help the business make profitable decisions.
- Advance and manage all aspects of manufacturing - Safety & Health, Environmental, Reliability, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Yield, Compliance and Capital/Maintenance Investment.
- Develop an understanding of the current state, the desired future state, develops and executes plans and strategies to close the gaps.
- Identify, understand and adopt relevant best practices to advance faster than the competition.
- Develop, lead and coach teams for maximum engagement and participation in pursuit of objectives and goals.
- Direct and indirect responsibilities for salary and hourly operation employees, including development of roles/responsibilities/expectations, performance reviews and compensation evaluations for each individual employee.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years of Plant/Operations Management experience within the manufacturing/production industry, to include: production, maintenance, scheduling, and/or shipping departments
- Experience working within the corrugated packaging industry
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience with or Knowledge of Health & Safety processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with high speed manufacturing/converting machinery
- Knowledge of equipment servicing, planning/scheduling, mechanical maintenance, plant engineering, quality and corrugator/converting processes & equipment
What's on Offer
- Excellent & competitive base salary with implemented bonus structure
- 401K plan after 1 year
- medical, dental, vision insurance
- Opportunity to grow within a fast-paced market