You are here
Director - Originations, Leveraged Finance
- Entrepreneurial opportunity within a well-established asset management firm
- Must have prior middle-market senior debt experience
About Our Client
Our client is a leading asset management firm located in the downtown Chicago loop.
The Director - Originations will be responsible for developing and managing relationships within the private equity community with responsibilities that include:
- Developing and managing a private equity focused senior debt origination effort within a geographic region of the US that is aligned with our client's investment strategies;
- Maintaining and institutionalizing a deep understanding of each private equity relationship by monitoring and reporting material fund raising, investment and portfolio activities;
- Leading and coordinating with the underwriting staff the screening, underwriting, approval, and closing processes for each financing opportunity;
- Supporting the expansion of our client's general marketing efforts that include all products and capabilities; and
- Supporting the firm's efforts to attract, develop, and retain best-in-class origination, underwriting and portfolio management talent.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Strong credit capabilities with over 10 years of relevant middle market credit and originations experience, including at least 5 years of direct underwriting and portfolio management experience.
- Strong sales and negotiating skills along with deep relationships with senior members of leading middle market private equity firms that include a history of sourcing a diverse set of attractive financing transactions.
- A comprehensive knowledge of market pricing and terms along with a creative and balanced approach to credit structuring and pricing.
- Experience in managing multi-product transaction teams, leading the execution effort from origination to closing. Easily demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong motivation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to help build and maintain a culture of honesty, integrity, trust, transparency, teamwork, tenacity, competitiveness, excellence and fun.
- Able to balance a calm, steady, patient approach to business with passion to compete and win new business in a highly competitive environment. Accepts and manages conflict and disagreement in a constructive and professional manner.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits