You are here
Director of Procurement - 6 Months Consulting Contract
6 MONTHS CONTRACT
About Our Client
Our client is a global cosmetics brand based in Los Angeles, CA. We are looking for a strong Director of Procurement for a 6-9 months consulting contract.
- Leads all aspects of strategic supplier relationship management for direct materials and creates the vision and roadmap for the function. Develop appropriate internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), monitor global industry intelligence, and infuse best practices for continuous improvement across the global supply network
- Establishing and maintain a best-in-class, global supplier portfolio to create the best value proposition to the enterprise while maintaining highest levels of quality and service. Continually evaluate portfolio given company growth to ensure continuity of supply
- Drives an aligned, focused culture through clear performance targets and regular one-on-ones focusing on culture, mindset, negotiations process, stakeholder alignment and supplier development/conflict resolution.
- Lead the process of sourcing and procurement strategy development and deployment (three-year vision/annual refreshing of plans). Partner with the team to builds category strategies across direct materials. Identifies strategic suppliers to support current and new product introductions. - -- - Creates and maintains supplier strategies.
- Negotiates complex agreements and creates contracts that deliver measurable savings for the company. Manages and reports savings. Leverages "should cost" modeling and total cost of ownership to inform business decisions. Evaluate changes in the supply chain to optimize lowest total cost solutions for the company.
- Ensure governance oversight for supplier metrics and performance management. Drive the development of procurement system improvements (working with IT as needed), processes and resources to reduce cycle times through increased automation. Focuses on process improvements for PO and approvals management
- Build plans to deliver annual cost savings goals while maintaining quality, optimizing total costs of ownership. Leverage supply chain expertise regarding requirements, timing or quantity of purchases, to maximize timing, profitability, and efficiency of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of supplier management in direct spend categories.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven application of utilizing supplier relationship best practices (benchmarking, cost analysis, total cost of ownership, etc.) to drive cost savings while conducting procurement activities on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong understanding of evaluating and working with contract manufacturers, ideally in the skincare, CPG or pharma industries
- An understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward them
What's on Offer
Comprehensive salary + great benefits