You are here
Director of Quality
Reports into the VP of Engineering
Control's Manufacturing Organization
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned controls manufacturing organization based in southern Connecticut.
- Submit and negotiate documentation packages and requirements with UL and ETL/ Intertek Staff Engineers to meet certification requirements for electronic products.
- Determine criterion for supplier quality, qualify them, and assure the quality of incoming parts
- Lead Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Engineering to define and improve a QMS
- Develop QMS procedures, instructions, forms consistent with ISO 9000, ASQE, Lean
- Provide leadership in teamwork, communications, and quick responses to customer.
- Conduct Informal and formal audits to assure that the QMS is followed - walk the floor
- Develop metrics like FPY, RMA Percent Returned Goods, and NPD Time-To-Release
- Interface with UL, ISO and other 3rd party inspectors during their audits and follow-ups
- Directly monitor returned goods for early warnings of a potential problem
- Apply an 8D process to root cause and solve problems, and design preventative actions.
- Implement tools that automate the gathering and reporting of QMS data
- Oversee vendor qualification and certification programs
- Aide engineering in the interpretation of UL or IEC requirements
- Attract, hire, and mentor key talent to build organizational quality capability
The Successful Applicant
Director of Quality will be responsible for building and leading the Quality department through:
- Working to establish that all Quality systems are instilled, leading to a safe and effective product.
- Continuously developing organizational competence in regards to Quality.
- Responsible for the compliance with government regulations and standards.
- Continuing the organization's commitment to Quality.
Must Have Skills:
- UL or IEC Experience.
- Worked with UL and ETL/ Intertek to meet requirements of certification for electronic products.
- Audit manufacturing 4 times a year.
- BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 10 Years of Experience.
- Worked as an Electrical Engineer.
- FMEA, IEC or UL, ISO 9001.
- Project Leadership Experience.
- Demonstrated success in Quality Engineering.
- Problem Solving/ Decision Making.
- Deep understanding of tools such as: Fishbones, Check Sheets, Control Charts, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams, pFMEA, dFMEA, Design Reviews, Process Reviews.
What's on Offer
Competitive Compensation, Benefits, 401k, Education Reimbursement, access to fitness facilities, etc.