You are here
Director of Sales & Marketing
Leading provider of software with a strong global presence in over 40 countries
90% of Fortune 100 companies utilize their widely known flagship solution
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held firm with a presence in over 40 countries. They are widely known across the globe for their unique solutions and the industry's best customer service including free and unlimited technical support as well as an outstanding training program. Although their customers come in all sizes and represent all industries, more than 90% of Fortune 100 organizations utilize our client's software.
The Director of Sales & Marketing - Americas will be responsible for:
- Assume full P&L responsibility for the Americas. Submit annual expense budgets and anticipated revenue targets for regional operations ensuring that they are within the budgeted targets and that revenue targets are achieved.
- Interact in weekly meetings with a team of directors and executives to prioritize company-wide and inter-departmental projects to achieve company goals and objectives. Provide monthly report to the Vice President, Global Sales.
- Provide direction and supervision to the Sales, Training, Technical Support, and regional Marketing functions.
- Create a synergy among the departmental services and staff in order to continually develop and grow the revenue and profit of Americas.
- Protect the corporate culture and work closely with executive management team to ensure corporate culture legacy.
- Design the Regional Sales organization to meet company growth objectives through direct sales expansion and development of reselling channels within the Americas.
- Work to set sales team objectives and goals and identify new market opportunities. Work directly with the Regional Sales Managers to train, mentor and develop the regional team, to achieve and exceed sales targets and expand market share.
- Generate Sales forecasts on quarterly or annual basis for all defined territories. Assess results and make necessary adjustments in order to achieve short and longer term revenue and overall regional goals.
- Provide input and work with other departments regarding customer feedback to include voice of the customer, future customer requirements and new product opportunities.
- Work with the regional Marketing Manager in the management and delivery of all regional marketing activities and develop a local marketing strategy in line with company objectives.
- Work to assist the regional Marketing Manager in the Marketing expenditure budget plans.
- Ensure coordination of marketing campaigns with identified sales strategy and activities.
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal Director of Sales & Marketing- Americas will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field. MBA preferred. Experience and/or education in applied statistics is a plus.
- 7-10 years relevant sales management experience, developing and executing sales strategy.
- Full P&L responsibility for an international sales and marketing organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate strong planning, time management and delegation skills
- Communicate with clarity and ease in one-on-one, small group and large public communication settings.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial thinking.
- Knowledge of the industry and the various key vendor and customer relationships.
- Knowledge of industry terminology and business practices.
- Knowledge of strategic planning process.
What's on Offer
Our client offers an exceptional collection of benefits, and are committed to integrity, mutual respect, good humor, teamwork, and a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Competitive compensation package
- Full benefits- 100% paid for
- 401k + match
- Strong PTO - Work life balance is important!