You are here
Director Sales - North America
$110 Million Global Manufacturer
Will Be Leading 18-22 Sales Reps in US and Canada
About Our Client
Our client for the Director Sales - North America opportunity is a global manufacturer with global headquarters in Europe and US headquarters based in Wisconsin. With multiple global manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide they are able to service a wide variety of customers in a number of industries.
The Director Sales North America will be in charge of a sales team of 13 territory sales managers across the US and Canada with revenues of $30 million and over 2000 customers. The Director of Sales will be managing, mentoring, and coaching the sales team driving a strong pipeline and accountability through metrics and KPIs to properly forecast and grow the local regions. The Director of Sales will work from a home office based in the Midwest area, Illinois, Wisconsin, OR Houston/Gulf Coast area.
- Accomplishes objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling sales team to meet team and local objectives
- Demonstrate role model behaviors and commercial competencies for the commercial Organization to aspire to
- Proactively facilitates the sharing of insight (market, Customer, industry) from the Team with relevant internal stakeholders to influence and shape best practice and enable delivery of business plans
- Enabling the delivery of business objectives by motivating and upskilling his/her team in line with organization competencies
- Achieves sales operational objectives by contributing country sales information and recommendations to strategic- and tactical plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; implementing change.
- Meets country sales financial objectives by realizing New Business and Repeat Business targets; forecasting requirements; assists in preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counseling area sales managers; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Analyzes market development to identify sales- and new product opportunities, service level changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Leads by example, engages the sales team and stimulates initiative taking.
- Drives performance by applying the appropriate leadership style, motivating team members for continuous improvement through hands-on coaching, consistent evaluations and positive feedback.
- Drives profitable growth at accounts and participate in joint calls with district sales force on a regular and consistent basis.
- Drives the sales team to sell the right product for the right application, optimizing product-mix management and customer-mix management in line with strategic growth objectives.
- Provides guidance and guidelines on segment- and transactional pricing to the sales team to maximize customer profitability.
- Works closely with S&OP to provide accurate sales forecasts to align Sales and Operations to determine and optimize inventory and service levels.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7-12 years of industrial sales experience
- 5 years of sales management experience
- Ability to work under pressure, self-starter and able to motivate teams to product at high levels
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and strong presentation skills
- Proven leadership and mentoring skills driving and growing a sales force
- Track record in developing and executing strategic sales and business plans
- Willing and able to travel 50% within the US and Canada
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary and bonus uncapped - OTE $150-180K, company car, phone, computer, full benefits, 401K, PTO.