You are here
Director of Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
- Large international electronics manufacturing company near Hartford, CT
- Looking for a strategic Director of Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
About Our Client
Located near the Hartford, CT area - our client is a market leader in the electronics manufacturing industry and is looking to add some exceptional talent to their growing organization.
The Director of Sourcing and Supply Chain Management will be responsible for the following -
- This role has primary accountability for ensuring assigned objectives are achieved (Supplier quality, Supplier on time delivery, PFR service metrics, material cost productivity, D.P.O's, raw material & PFR inventory levels, and sustainability goals) and within the policies and procedures of the corporation.
- This role also coordinates activities related to manufactured finished goods inventory levels and the planning, budgeting, and improvement actions related to total EWS inventory levels.
- Develops and manages Purchasing budget, provides input for Operations budget, provides input to Inventory Budget. Manage actual expenditures to budget during fiscal year.
- Develop and communicate the overall Sourcing and Supply Chain vision, strategies, and objectives considering market trends, innovative solutions, business requirements, and new technology solutions.
- Ensure projects and improvement plans are in place, and monitor progress of execution on a regular basis, to deliver on all assigned objectives including: Supplier quality, Supplier on time delivery, PFR service metrics, material cost productivity, D.P.O's, raw material & PFR inventory levels, and sustainability goals.
- Understand current market trends around material cost & availability across all applicable commodities. Benchmark external companies related to supply chain performance, implement best in class tools & processes, and outperform industry competitors in supply chain performance.
- Provide reporting, budget, and planning guidance related to material cost and inventory performance on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with our supply base maintaining the highest degree of business ethics and professionalism.
- Negotiate large / critical agreements as required and ensure appropriate contracts are in place to protect company interests and minimize exposure.
- Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Travel- domestic and international up to 35%
The Successful Applicant
The preferred candidate for the Director of Sourcing and Supply Chain Management will have the following background and experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred, in a discipline related to Business, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- Minimum 10 years combined experience in purchasing, materials, supply chain, and inventory control related roles.
- Minimum 3 years leading the Sourcing / Supply Chain activities at a Corporate or Division level across a mid-size to large, complex business is required.
- Experience with a multi-site or multi-business environment is preferred.
- Experience in both a "make to stock" and "make to order", discrete production and assembly, industrial environment is required. Retail experience is preferred.
- ISM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification preferred
- Proven track record, in complex manufacturing environment, of leading purchasing, inventory control, supply chain, and materials efforts for a major businesses/corporation, with demonstrated tangible results that positively impacted business cost, service, and inventory performance.
- Understanding of current material market trends (cost and availability) across multiple commodities.
- Ability to travel on a global basis and effectively work with teams from other countries and cultures.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail, and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use the internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus, extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Able to create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence and be comfortable presenting such to senior leadership and key customers. Strong executive presence is required.
- Experience using lean principles & tools, and driving a strong continuous improvement culture is required.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others.
- Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives. Must be able to work collaboratively with other functions.
- A basic understanding of financial concepts (working capital, cash flow) is required.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to synthesize data and make recommendations.
What's on Offer
Our client offers competitive compensation, great benefits and unlimited opportunity to progress your career within a well regarded organization.
RELOCATION PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE