You are here
Director of Strategy
USD140,000 - USD160,000
Global Aerospace Manufacturer
Seeking Corporate Development Director
About Our Client
- Support all endeavors that facilitate the research, benchmarking, analysis and identification of potential acquisition targets, including detailed strategic fit analysis, as well as responding to internally generated opportunities identified through the operating divisions.
- Assist in constructing financial models and conducting valuation analysis (including discounted cash flow and comparable analysis) to support the structuring and negotiation of deals. Assist in performing the appropriate business analysis which will be used as a basis for making recommendations to the CEO, CFO, SLT and others.
- Once a decision has been made to make a purchase or divestiture, the Director, Business Development will assist and support activities to ensure the successful closing of the deal and work with operating units to develop an appropriate integration plan.
- Work closely with business unit leaders to identify and assess potential acquisitions, joint ventures, etc. in support of the company strategy for profitable sustainable growth.
- Assist in annual SBU Strategic Planning process.
- As directed by the Vice President, Corporate Development, conduct the research and thorough analysis of merger and acquisition targets, including financials, organization / leadership, competitiveness, industries, end-markets, macro-trends, business strategy, products and customers to achieve desired objectives.
- Present the research, data and analytics in clear and concise presentations and other vehicles of communication for purposes of communicating to the CEO, CFO, SLT and Board of Directors, as required, on the merits of proposed acquisitions.
- Collaborate with members of the team to facilitate due diligence and integration activities to ensure a smooth transition into the company.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have 10+ years of closed transactions experience. He/she will have a prior experience in the M&A arena at a well-respected corporate acquirer, M&A focused investment bank and /or private equity/leverage buy-out firm.
- The individual will possess a solid understanding and knowledge of the acquisition process from strategy development through deal structure and negotiations.
- He/she must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a results orientation with respect to facilitating the successful closing appropriate transactions.
- Prior experience in strategy development and/or meaningful functional (e.g., operations, sales, marketing) within a global diversified industrial company is desirable.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or other business related topics and/or Advanced Degree is preferred.
What's on Offer