You are here
Director, Warehouse Operations
Large food company experiencing mass growth in 2017
Strength in scaling a business
About Our Client
Our client is a large food manufacturer and distributor that has direct to store and direct to customer business models. They currently have products that are ready to eat, raw products for creative design and solutions across the entire food industry. After establishing new business for the next five years, the future is brighter than it has been for this company which has quickly become a prime time player in the food industry across the country. Focusing now more than ever on the future and the investment in top talent in the market place, now is a great time to join this company and help shape the future for them.
- Set the vision, strategic direction, expectations, annual and long-term objectives for logistics and warehouse operations.
- Strategically adjust departments' activities, policies and practices to meet and/or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals.
- Develop strong partnerships with all front office functions to include Factories, Purchasing, Sales and Product Marketing and support new product development activities as related to freight and logistics
- Analyze anticipated growth of Operating Company against capacities to maintain and ensure proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Ensure contingency policies, systems and practices are in place to prevent and eliminate business disruption.
- Champion efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with implementation of changes within areas of responsibility.
- Manage transportation plans, annual transportation budget and develop and administer programs to determine the most advantageous and economical methods of shipment for company products.
- Manage carrier relationships and contract negotiation and monitor volume commitment per contract.
- Engage with customers to understand their transportation needs and provide the best mutually beneficial solutions to mitigate will-calls and pick up's at 3PL locations.
- Manage 3PL providers and work with warehouse leadership to analyze trends, implement new technologies and drive overall performance in an effort to maximize on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, reduce costs, compress lead times, improve efficiency's and implement corrective actions to resolve any issues.
- Develop value add service solutions enabling the company to compete in served markets. For example: for Consumer Products: aggregation of forecast at the distribution center, service negotiations, etc.
- Partner with and support customs compliance processes to ensure needs of the company are consistently met, restrictions understood and deployed.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years of proven experience as an Operations Manager or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year university in a relevant field.
- Industry knowledge on food manufacturing regulations and guidelines.
- Travel required.
- Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Research and recommend new warehouse management systems for an overhaul of current operations
- Previous experience in system implementations a plus
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this role please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.