You are here
Director/VP of Development
- Leadership position - Development role focusing on self-storage
- Newly created position with top real estate investment firm
About Our Client
The company is an Austin-based real estate investment firm and developer that is expanding their portfolio of self-storage assets across the US but with particular focus on Texas and the sunbelt region.
Newly created position working directly with the Principals at an Austin based developer. The Development Director/VP will work with the operations and acquisition team members in the underwriting and investment plan for new development projects primarily in the self-storage space. The Development Director/VP will own full development life-cycle from site identification and acquisition through due diligence to construction and handover to the operating partner. Some highlighted responsibilities include:
- Manage the bidding, negotiation and construction contract process.
- Lead site entitlement process, work with state/local agencies to secure proper permits etc.
- Monitor general contractor and vendor performance during construction phase Facilitate and support Asset Management and Operations.
- Assist with performance tracking and reporting to clients.
- Preparing reports about the degree of risk
- Oversee scheduling of work at project sites.
- Communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the projects.
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders accurately and on time.
- Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend approval or decline potential projects
- Perform real estate market research and facilitate decision support for new ventures.
The Successful Applicant
This role is designed for someone 7-10 years into their real estate career. Candidates MUST have a completed Bachelors, advanced degree a plus. Other qualities:
- Experience in commercial real estate development, underwriting, or investment/asset management.
- Strong financial modeling experience in Excel.
- Knowledge of Texas real estate markets - central Texas/Austin markets preferred.
- Knowledge of multifamily and/or self-storage development and investment strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational skills. Able to analyze, evaluate and move quickly to support rapid decision making
- Established network of brokers and equity partners to facilitate the development process.
What's on Offer
Base salary plus bonus and benefits.