You are here
Downstream Marketing Director
Contribute to Strategic Marketing Planning in a team with PMs and VPs.
Be the Linking-Pin between Upstream Marketing and Sales
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing, highly ambitious multi-national player in the area of Cargo Securing. Through strong entrepreneurship and application expertise in the field of cargo securing we have become a global leader in our industry. After 50 years of steady growth, healthy margins and market expansion, we are now accelerating our growth by increasing the Impact we have in the market. In this, we have defined a 5 pillar strategy, in which Innovation and Market activation play a crucial role. To act on this strategy, are professionalizing & developing the organization on a strategic, functional and operational level.
The Downstream Marketing Director Must
- Leads global Market Introduction Planning (MIP) teams to define & implement global launch strategies and tools for new product introductions and it's regional implementation in assigned region. MIP spans across several area's such as pricing, internal & external comm's, digital initiatives, sales force training and influencing activities. Leads regional implementation of these global MIP plans for his/her region.
- Develops and implements regional/local sales & marketing campaigns in close collaboration with local/regional Sales Management and works with global comm's team to realize these. These can be market specific campaigns (e.g. rail/construction related for NA) or local implementation of global initiatives.
- Activates our global Branding & Communications efforts in assigned region in strong cooperation with Global Marcom & Branding Manager.
- Understands Market & Competitor Pricing and Pricing Structures and customers willingness to pay, as well as value-adds we has to offer. Actively drives pricing analysis and translates these into strategic and tactical pricing initiatives. Owns the implementation thereof and works closely together with VP Sales & DSMs to maximize our value creation in his/her market.
- Defines and reports relevant leading and lagging indicators to track progress and impact of global and regional marketing activities and takes required actions based on those.
- Inputs to global Marketing Budget and prepares and manages local Marketing Budget associated with assigned region's P&L
- Contributing to Marketing Strategy & Planning:
- Co-Develops the Product Marketing Strategy (where to play, how to win), together with the VP Product Marketing and with Product Management. In this process, the Downstream Marketeer brings essential market and customer understanding and is able to insert true Market Insight into the strategy process. To do so, (s)he is strongly connected to customers in his/her respective geography and has solid understanding of competitor and other market dynamics.
- Works together with Business Intelligence (BDS) to actively define growth opportunities and risks in given region and co-develops associated growth plans with VP Sales and VP Product Marketing
- Drives deeper customer- and industry understanding across the different functions within Marketing and Sales. Constantly coaches the organization to understand the "why" behind customer requests. To do so, the Downstream Marketeer is actively involved in customer contacts and builds an in-depth understanding of customer needs in different market/industry segments, which is then applied to drive product, marketing and communications strategies within the company.
- Understands the customer journey and actively drives (process) improvements in a x-functional setting and in close cooperation with the Downstream Operations, sales and customer success teams.
- Linking Pin between Upstream Marketing and Sales
- "Translates" upstream" activities into tools, processes & structures suitable for a sales organization. To do so, the downstream marketeer speaks the language of both the up-stream (product development/management) teams as well as the language & requirements of a sales organization..
- Helps Sales Leaders (DSMs) to implement marketing strategies and G2M plans and supports and coaches them in building Go-2-Customer plans. To do so, (s)he has a strong communication routine with the DSMs and a good understanding of the customer profiles & growth opportunities in his/her region.
- Advises VP Sales and Product Management on product range exceptions. (S)he works closely with sales and product management to ensure a clear understanding of the needs/potential and risks of such requests, looks at alternative ways of meeting customer's needs and weighs short-term opportunity against complexity increase for overall product range.
- Closely liaises with S&OP as part of phase-in/phase-out activities, especially around new product introductions. In this, she works closely with Sales leaders and the downstream operations manager to bridge G2C plans from Sales with prudent inventory planning from operations to ensure the right levels of safety stock around new product introductions and phase in/out processes.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- Post-Graduate with 7-10 years of marketing experience in a multi-national context in a product driven organization
- Hands-on, adaptable, knows how to make a difference in a Sales driven organization through proven experience in working directly with Sales Organizations
- Speaks the language of both Sales and Marketing, and is able to "translate" and bridge between both
- Proven ability to drive Market and Customer Understanding in an nontransparent market environment
- Strong understanding of total marketing mix, educated in a strong marketing environment (B2C companies or selected B2B organizations. B2B proof points are a plus.
- Ideally through experiences in both upstream- and downstream marketing.
- Understands pricing and has proven experience in pricing analysis, strategies and tactics
- Proven track-record in driving marketing & communication strategies, tools and processes both internally and externally
- Proven execution delivery
- Knowledgeable and experienced in on-line & social marketing
- Experience in working within a matrix organization where functional and operational operational reporting are maintained
- Well balancing a strong marketing foundation with a pragmatic, entrepreneurial approach
- Able to work independently but with strong leadership and influencing skills
- A professional who is able to see the challenge in growing with our company and to develop the marketing function on a local and global scale
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary + 25% bonus
- Full Benefits
- 401k + match