You are here
East Coast Sales Manager - Fireplaces
Opportunity to help grow international fireplace manufacturer on east coast
Looking for someone with contacts with architects, designers, and distributors
About Our Client
Family-owned business focused on providing quality products and service. For over 30 years, they have been leading the industry with meticulous aesthetics and premier excellence. Their fireplaces are designed to meet the most stringent design requirements, together with an uncompromising approach towards the quality of materials we use; including finishing, installation, and with complementary service for the entire heating system.
They provide heating solutions that are both creative and effective for the most challenging demands from leading architects and designers worldwide. With a global reach, they maintain its commitment to market-leading excellence, through our expert, dedicated R&D department, which have patented many of our exclusive innovations. Their fireplaces are produced in-house and are constantly updated with the latest innovations. They have their fingers on the pulse of the industry, paying close attention to worldwide trends. This allows them to keep their partner clients informed - designers, architects and private customers- who consult with them regularly regarding the most effective and cutting-edge design solutions.
The position is set to take comprehensive responsibility over the sales activity within the territory, including but not limited to sales, sales initiatives including marketing campaigns and industry events, the management of sales administrative requirements, the collaboration or management of A&D staff, customer support, order follow-up, technical support, installation support, sales training, and the measuring of customer satisfaction - all with substantial support from the company US headquarters in LA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining, nurturing and developing business from the existing customer base.
- Prospecting and developing new customer opportunities through the development of the dealer's, builder's and Architect & Designers networks.
- Conducting sales calls, delivering presentations, sales training, serving as a main customer contact and follow-up with customers' needs.
- Collaborate with or manage the activity of manufacturing reps and A&D staff.
- Main goals:
- To substantially grow the company sales with in the territory through dealers, builders and architectures and Designers.
- To educate and train dealers, builders and architectures &Designers.
- To support the sales with in the territory in all aspects including among others: respond to customer inquiries, requests for quotes, design questions and ideas, technical advising, coordinating technical support, coordinating administrative support and general service.
- To maintain contact database, account files, sales funnel/pipeline, sales call reporting/tracking.
- To provide an on-going feedback on market developments.
- To manage and nurture the portfolio of customers by the establishment of relationships with the primary contacts.
- To measure customer satisfaction on an on-going base.
- To take an active part in tradeshows and conferences.
- To identify and prioritize new business opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good business sense;
- Self-starter, motivated, goal driven, professional, with technical aptitude;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, mechanical, mathematical and problem-solving skills, reasoning and decision-making skills;
- Computer Skills: MS Office -Word, Excel, Outlook; working knowledge of CRM software is a plus;
- Knowledge of applicable building codes and able to read technical drawings;
- Ability and willingness to travel as required to conduct sales calls, meet customers, exhibit at tradeshows and attend conferences. The minimum expectation is at least 3 days traveling to your territory dealers per week. Travel includes in and out of state and overnight.
- Positive outlook by nature. Ability to take directions.
- Strong Business ethics, punctual, dependable, team player;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision;
- Valid driver's license and valid passport required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Technical Certification / Diploma / Degree either in construction / mechanics and / or related field, marketing and sales or architecture & design.
- 5-10 years' experience in direct sales management / business development role.
- Experience in sales / BD of hearth products - substantial plus.
- Experience in sales and marketing of home appliance and / or home design - a plus.
- Experience in penetrating with new brands / products to existing markets - a plus.
- Experience in construction / building industry - a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with commission structure.