You are here
Fortune 100 Subsidiery Organization
Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist
About Our Client
International industrial manufacturing organization.
- Perform inspections as required to ensure compliance with all regulatory permits.
- Verify and maintain records as required by all permits.
- Satisfy ongoing compliance with ISO 14001, including duties as a designated internal environmental auditor.
- Keep informed on current and proposed regulations related to assigned program areas.
- Develop procedures to address compliance with air, hazardous waste, water, and storm water permits.
- Deliver environmental compliance training programs related to plant employees.
- Devise and coordinate the development of programs needed for environmental compliance.
- Supervise work of outside contractors with environmental related duties.
- Administer and maintain other environmental programs applicable to the facility and as directed by Provide a strong EHS floor presence in production, maintenance and material handling areas.
- Manage hazardous and non-hazardous waste inspections, identification, containerization, consolidation, labeling, accumulation and shipment for disposal and maintain records of such.
- Collect, document and record site EHS monitoring including, but not limited to, area noise measurements and storm water samples.
- Schedule and conduct site EHS compliance inspections, perform records documentation and provide corrective action response recommendations and tracking. Support and participate in incident investigations.
- Use a working knowledge of personal, industrial & occupational safety to manage safety programs such as Forklift Operations, Hoist & Crane Operations, Lifting Equipment, Job Safety Analysis, Blood borne Pathogen Exposure Control, Respiratory Protection, PPE Program, Hazard Communication and other OSHA required programs.
The Successful Applicant
- 2 - 5 years experience in Safety and Environmental in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and ISO environmental compliance.
- Knowledge of Training development and delivery.
- Knowledge of EHS Statistics and reporting, EHS Management Systems, Hazardous and regulated waste, and Hazard communication.
Background and understanding of Accident Incident Response and Investigation, Risk Assessment/Hazard Analysis, Worker's Compensation / Case Management / TPA.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
What's on Offer
- Responsible and accountable for leading the environmental, health and safety initiatives in support of the business requirements.
- Ensure environmental and safety compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives within environmental, health, safety and associated areas.
- Direct safety training activity for new hires and annual training requirements for all areas of the plant.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental federal, state and local regulations.
- Drive incident/accident free work place initiative through education, training, coaching and other initiatives to create a culture of ownership for safety within the workforce.
- Review, investigate and take corrective action on all accidents and incidents. Create and maintain plant-wide safety and accident prevention metrics.
- Administer worker's compensation reporting requirements.
- Manage OSHA visits and ensure appropriate follow-up to OSHA and corporate Safety team.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state environmental regulations.
- Coordinate with external environmental compliance consultants and conduct environment compliance training.
- The position will work with managers, supervisors, and employees to minimize environmental exposures, occupational health and safety risks, teach specific safe work habits and manage compliance with applicable regulations.
Competitive Salary, Benefits, Paid Vacation, 401k, etc.