You are here
- Safety, Medical Devices
- Hazardous materials
About Our Client
Our client is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto digital solutions in the medical space in North America
- Develop and manage EHS program and department.
- Prepare and monitor department and project budgets.
- Help Tokyo liaisons in understanding United States EHS requirements pertaining to new products, processes and chemicals prior to their introduction.
- Identify requirements, evaluate EHS hazards and develop mitigation techniques with regard to new products processes prior to their introduction in the US.
- Provide EHS hazard mitigation techniques and requirements for new processes to branches and satellites.
- Serve as in house EHS expert for needs of Endoscope Service group.
- Develop and provide Injury and Illness Prevention Programs (IIPP), HazCom, Ergonomic, General Safety and Biohazard programs in all ES Repair service locations. Incorporate medical restrictions (work injury related) in work analysis to minimize lost workdays.
- Identify, develop and provide occupational health and safety trainings at all ES repair facilities.
- Analyze incidents, accidents, injuries and illnesses.
- Develop and implement technical and and administrative solutions at all ES repair facilities.
- Calculate annual metrics pertaining to safety for regulatory and internal needs.
- Conduct loss analysis.
- Conduct technical and regulatory analyses of processes and procedures.
- Develop techno regulatory solutions.
- Provide hands on strategic and technical (EHS) leadership for new in coming procedures and systems.
- Liaise with Cal EPA, Cal OSHA, Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC), Bay Area Air Pollution
- Control Board, Alameda County Health Department, City of San Jose Fire Department, City Of Cypress Fire
- Department, and other regulatory agencies pertaining to hazardous wastes, bio wastes, air quality,occupational health, safety and fire permits, regulations and codes for all ES repair facilities.
- Provide technical and procedural support for workers compensation and medical management team.
- Advise management on changes in federal, state and local regulations and ensure compliance.
- Conduct workstation and work activity analyses for ergonomic illnesses.
- Develop protocols to minimize injuries and illnesses in conjunction with the needs of production managers and supervisors.
- Advise management on loss control strategies and implement such strategies.
- Chair the Safety Committee and train Committee members and coordinate implementation of safety committee resolutions.
- Resolve conflicts related to safety.
- Update hazardous materials business plan (HMBP), chemical usage plan, emergency evacuation plan, Automated Electronic Defibrillator (AED) plan and other city, county and state plans.
- Support Engineering, QA and RA Departments with regard to work instructions related to EHS&F inputs and requirements.
- Develop protocols and procedures for handling multimedia (solid, hazardous and biological) wastes.
- Develop and implement recycling, energy conservation and other harmonious environment programs in accordance with Olympus Global Corporate goals.
- Conduct environmental and safety audits of different departments and work areas at all ES repair facilities.
- Develop remedies and strategies on the basis of audit results to ensure compliance and to minimize accidents, illnesses and injuries.
- Perform all other essential duties as directed.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering (chemical or environmental) or equivalent knowledge is required.
* Master's Degree is preferred.
* Minimum of 7 years experience in environmental and safety activities is required.
* US registrations certifications valid for all states are required: Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Registered Environmental Manager (REM), Occupational Health and Safety Certificate (OHSC), Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
* Comprehensive experience with local (City, County), state and federal environmental, occupational health and safety regulations is essential.
* Program and project management skills including budget preparation, monitoring and cost control are desired.
* Strong leadership, communications (written, oral and presentation) and interpersonal skills are necessary.
* Hands on capability, expertise and experience in interpreting, implementing and reporting with regards to permits and compliance requirements pertaining to environmental, occupational health, safety, industrial hygiene and facilities are preferred.
* Multidisciplinary technical (environmental, chemical and safety engineering) skills to work on diverse EHS requirements and projects are essential.
* Strong accident prevention and investigation skills tied to worker's compensation, medical treatment, insurance and regulatory inputs and intersects are a plus
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Full Health Benefits