You are here
- Great Opportunity with Growing Company!
- Must have Bachelors Degree and relevant experience
About Our Client
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of electrical, mechanical and optical engineers.
- Ensuring development, welfare, behaviors and performance are measured and responded to proactively, professionally and accordingly.
- Responsible for the monitoring, scheduling and providing status on all Engineering and Project related activities to meet project deadlines.
- To undertake project management duties (estimating, proposal preparation, planning, management, cost control, supervision etc.) as required to meet project time scales and cost budgets
- Managing high-impact, long duration engineering initiatives and projects; ensuring achievement of engineering plan and product quality.
- Lead application efforts to meet strategic objectives
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards
- Responsible for technical development of new and existing products, ensuring they are fit for purpose and aligned with budgets for manufacturing cost.
- Provide technical and project support to the Business Unit and when necessary to other areas of the company.
- Meet financial objectives through the implementation of cost reduction initiatives, forecasting, budget preparation and expenditure scheduling, analyzing variances and implementing corrective action when necessary.
- Operate effectively and in accordance with an open and collaborative work ethic, that supports the company's overall business strategy
- Ensure that Engineering development schedules reflect and meet the requirements of the business and to determine and implement corrective action when necessary.
- Managing multiple projects effectively
- Participate in risk analyses, FMEAs and design reviews to verify that the design meets or exceeds products specifications.
- Oversee and generate engineering documentation such as BOM's, schematics, qualification reports, manufacturing instructions and drawings.
- Work with purchasing in the selection of major material and service suppliers.
- Manage Qualification Tests to meet specifications such as electrical, thermal, mechanical, optical and environmental requirements.
- Work closely with the manufacturing and new product introduction teams
- Understanding of typical lighting materials and tooling practices.
- Ability to oversee advanced prototyping technologies for first beta/model developments.
- Ability to identify industry trends, and develop technologies to address those trends.
- Maintain an awareness of related product developments
- Represent the Company when meeting customers and suppliers in a presentable, and courteous manner
- Provide and undertake technical support for existing projects including technical writing and SDRL preparation as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor's of Science in Engineering
- Manage/Supervise direct reports
- Solid understanding of business principals, including costs, margins, earnings, overhead rates etc.
- Product design process knowledge
- Strong technical foundation in electrical, mechanical or optical engineering a plus.
- Negotiation skills - An ability to negotiate commercial risks to the lowest achievable level
- Strong Project Management Skills a plus
- Technical knowledge of company products and the ability to understand customers technical requirements, identify and offer solutions
- Ability to identify and establish strategic relationships/partnerships
- Proven ability to deal with Customers and external contractors
- A wide ranging background across the full lifecycle from concept, through design and implementation, to validation and qualification and finally to acceptance
- Confident representing the Company in a customer forward facing role
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards
- Minimum of 5-10 years engineering experience with at least 5 years in a manager position
- Prefer Project design experience in the Aerospace industry
- Must have the desire to want to mentor and grow engineers
- Experience in hardware and new product development
Personal Specification/Essential Qualities
- Customer Focus, Results Orientation, collaboration and Decision Making
- Self-motivated and driven, confident to act autonomously
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong communication(oral & written), team building and interpersonal skills
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Able to excel with minimum supervision
- Ability to influence, persuade & negotiate
- Problem solving
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexible to change and adaptable
What's on Offer
Competetive base + benefits