You are here
Engineering Manager for Manufacturing Company
About Our Client
Our client is an experienced manufacturer that specializes in engineering products for the aerospace, military, and medical markets.
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of electrical, mechanical and optical engineers.
- Ensuring development, welfare, behaviors and performance are measured and responded to proactively, professionally and accordingly.
- Responsible for the monitoring, scheduling and providing status on all Engineering and Project related activities to meet project deadlines.
- To undertake project management duties (estimating, proposal preparation, planning, management, cost control, supervision etc.) as required to meet project time scales and cost budgets
- Managing high-impact, long duration engineering initiatives and projects; ensuring achievement of engineering plan and product quality.
- Lead application efforts to meet strategic objectives
- Knowledge of regulatory codes and standards
- Responsible for technical development of new and existing products, ensuring they are fit for purpose and aligned with budgets for manufacturing cost.
- Provide technical and project support to the Business Unit and when necessary to other areas of the company.
- Meet financial objectives through the implementation of cost reduction initiatives, forecasting, budget preparation and expenditure scheduling, analyzing variances and implementing corrective action when necessary.
- Operate effectively and in accordance with an open and collaborative work ethic, that supports the company's overall business strategy
- Ensure that Engineering development schedules reflect and meet the requirements of the business and to determine and implement corrective action when necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Managing multiple projects effectively
- Participate in risk analyses, FMEAs and design reviews to verify that the design meets or exceeds products specifications.
- Oversee and generate engineering documentation such as BOM's, schematics, qualification reports, manufacturing instructions and drawings.
- Work with purchasing in the selection of major material and service suppliers.
- Manage Qualification Tests to meet specifications such as electrical, thermal, mechanical, optical and environmental requirements.
- Work closely with the manufacturing and new product introduction teams
- Understanding of typical lighting materials and tooling practices.
- Ability to oversee advanced prototyping technologies for first beta/model developments.
- Ability to identify industry trends, and develop technologies to address those trends.
- Maintain an awareness of related product developments
- Represent the Company when meeting customers and suppliers in a presentable, and courteous manner
- Provide and undertake technical support for existing projects including technical writing and SDRL preparation as needed.
What's on Offer
Salary, Bonus, Benefits