You are here
Growing General Contractor with diverse portfolio
Opportunity to lead and grow Estimating department
About Our Client
This company is an established but still growing general contractor based in Rosemont, IL. Work is across different divisions and around the Midwest but mainly in and around the Chicagoland area.
- Provide input to the project team to help determine bidding approach.
- Read and interpret project specifications and plans to prepare detailed, comprehensive and accurate quantity surveys
- Perform conceptual estimating from preliminary project parameters
- Prepare project estimates including self-performed work, subcontracted work and general requirements.
- Understand timelines and applicable project deadlines
- Maintain current information on products, vendors, subcontractors and government requirements
- Preparation of detailed quantity surveys
- Subcontractor/supplier bid solicitation and coordination
- Provide input to the project team for the project schedule.
- Lead team of estimators
- Assist c-suite on presentations and meetings
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- 10+ years in the construction industry
- 5+ years participating in the bidding of commercial and industrial construction projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organization and time management skills
- Professional in actions and appearance
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Effective interactions with project partners, subcontractors and vendors
- Self-starter and motivated with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience with MC2 , Grade Beam, On Screen take off and P6 is preferred
What's on Offer
In addition to amazing growth opportunities, the stability of a multi million dollar company, the position offers a solid compensation package including base salary, and 401k!