You are here
Estimator- High-End Residential
- A global retail brand with multiple locations across the US
- Seeking an experienced construction estimator to oversee national projects
About Our Client
For over 75 years, this company has been a leader in the DC area for providing top quality homes and investment properties. Based in Northern Virginia.
The Construction Estimator for building and construction will:
- Capable of performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Ability to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Experience in coordinating with the architect, structural engineer, civil engineer, and MEP engineers to determine cost effective solutions during the design process.
- Capable of writing detailed scopes of work for construction contracts to be implemented by the field operations team.
- Ability to coordinate the scopes of work of multiple trades to ensure nothing is missed for the project team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to lead junior estimators in soliciting bid proposals from the Boston marketplace.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years experience in construction estimating
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
- Understand MEP systems and components, and be able to scope and analyze MEP bids
- Solid conceptual estimating experience
- Management experience: coaching, feedback delivery, delegating and mentorship
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of contract types and deal structures
- Extensive experience with retail construction projects
What's on Offer
Construction Estimator compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package