You are here
Estimator- Market Leading GC
Opportunity to take on leadership role in 2-3 years
Market-leading commercial general contractor
About Our Client
My client is a commercial general contractor based in Fairfax, VA. Their portfolio includes projects in base building, office space, historic renovations, restaurants and retail, with a heavy emphasis on high-end interiors. They are well-known in the area for providing a high quality of work, which has led to a high percentage of their projects being with repeat clients.
The Estimator will be a part of a 4-person team and will report directly to the Lead Estimator. Responsibilities are as follows...
- Makes budgetary, estimated, and final cost per project.
- Responsible for Bid Preparation
- Estimates cost for total job.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, and related documents.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Communicate inconsistencies in the bid documents to subs, owners and architects
- Search / look for possible new projects for the company.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Estimator will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years construction estimating experience required
- Knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel packages.
- Familiarity with estimation software.
- Good analytical, time management and communication skills.
What's on Offer
Opportunity offers highly competitive salary, bonus potential, excellent benefits and company culture. Interested? Submit your resume now and receive a call back if company is interested within 48 hours.