You are here
Healthcare, Life Sciences, and Corporate Interiors
About Our Client
Our client is one of the top 20 General Contractors in the Greater Boston Area doing >$100m a year in revenue. They have a very strong presence in the interiors construction market, where they are best known for completing a number of high-profile and large-scale projects within the health care market, working for some of Boston's leading institutions. Elsewhere, they are also known for their work on highly technical life sciences projects as well as corporate interiors projects in Downtown Boston.
- Able to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches.
- Developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Experience in coordinating with the architect, structural engineer, civil engineer, and MEP engineers to determine cost effective solutions during the design process.
- Capable of writing detailed scopes of work for construction contracts to be implemented by the field operations team.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Able to coordinate the scopes of work of multiple trades to ensure nothing is missed for the project team.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Able to lead junior estimators in soliciting bid proposals from the Boston marketplace.
The Successful Applicant
You should have several years of experience within the construction industry and also be experienced in estimating. If you are currently a project manager and estimating your own projects and interested in moving to a full-time estimating role, you should definitely apply to this role.
If you are currently working on hospitality, retail, or other smaller (<$3m) projects and would be interested in transitioning to a more established, larger company with a current team of 6 estimators working together, you should also seriously consider applying to this role.
What's on Offer
An extremely competitive base salary and benefits are on offer for the selected candidate